Who We’re Not A Good Fit For As Family Lawyers
When dealing with any type of business, Family Lawyers included, there is one reality we think has to be accepted:
There is no such thing as a “good fit” for everyone.
Because we think that’s true, we freely admit Grigor & Young’s family law services are NOT for everyone.
Here at Grigor & Young, we know who we are and where our strengths and weaknesses lie. From experience, we have come to know what “good fit” and “bad fit” clients look like. We may be able to save everyone some time here.
The following list will give you an idea of the features we look for to give us, primarily, the best chance of acting in your best interests (and our best interests too).
You are unlikely to be a good fit for us at Grigor & Young if–
- You are unwilling to co-operate fully with requests for information – which we require in order to best represent your interests.
- You are not willing to follow legal advice – Our legal knowledge and experience, both in court and in negotiations, mean we have a reasonable idea what you can expect if your case goes to court. We cannot help clients who are unwilling to follow our advice. If you have decided you want your day in court, come what may, and are not open to settlement negotiations, you are not a good fit for us. We need you to remain open to the possibility of settlement.
- You lack candour or credibility – because we cannot help you effectively if you are not truthful about the facts of your case.
- You have a high level of animosity towards your spouse or partner – which makes it practically impossible to negotiate in good faith towards resolution of the disputed issues.
- You do not have the best interests of your children at heart.
- You seek to avoid paying reasonable financial support to your family, if possible.
- You have had two or more previous solicitors – We accept that a previous solicitor may have let you down through poor quality of service. We may be willing to review the file to see if your concerns are well-founded. However, we will not accept your case if you have already had two or more solicitors working on it.
If you would still like to have a chat…
Feel free to get in touch with us for a chat about your situation and your needs. All initial enquiries are without obligation and free of charge.
We need to get a basic idea of your circumstances before we can know if we are going to be best placed to help you move forward constructively.
You can get in touch with a member of our Family Law team on 01343 544077 or you can send us a free Online Enquiry.