Family and Matrimonial Law
Family problems can be emotional and upsetting.
Statistics show that one in three marriages end in Divorce. Separation of co-habiting couples is now more common. It is anticipated that Civil Partnership separation will also become more common in the future.
How we can help
At Grigor & Young, our aim is to help you get through these difficult times, by finding fair, practical and acceptable legal solutions to the problems.
Our experienced team will guide you through the process, advising you of your rights and obligations arising out of separation (whether married or co-habiting) in respect of your children and also in respect of financial issues.
The caring and sympathetic approach adopted by our team aims to make the traumatic event less painful and as short and simplified as possible.
Examples of specific issues which might arise in your situation
Our team can help by acting for one spouse, civil partner or former co-habitee in a separation by providing legal advice on:-
- Residence Orders/Contact Orders in respect of children
- Child Aliment (financial maintenance)
- Spousal Aliment (financial maintenance)
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities
- Separation Agreements / Minutes of Agreement
- Financial rights and obligations, including property and pension rights
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Statutory Declaration of Change of Name
Get in touch with us for help
For further information please contact one of our Family Law/Matrimonial Law team for an initial chat.
All initial enquiries are free of charge and without obligation.